For a PDF copy of the directions and forms:
Completed applications with supporting documentation must be postmarked April 30, 2013.
• Must be graduating high school seniors from the listed eligible school districts:
Arcadia Unified School District
Alhambra Unified School District
El Monte Union High School District
Montebello Unified School District
San Gabriel Unified School District
San Marino Unified School District
South Pasadena Unified School District
Temple City Unified School District
• Demonstrate financial need (to be eligible for financial aid, applicant must have submitted a FAFSA form by the March 2013 deadline).
• Cumulative high school unweighted GPA (out of a 4.0 scale) must be 3.0 and above.
• Preference will be given to applicants who will be first generation college students.
• Only U.S. citizens are eligible to apply. (Please note: affiliates of AAEDE are not eligible to apply)
Three awards of $500 each and three awards of $1,000 each will be available this year.
• Complete the AAEDE Scholarship application.
• Include the required 500-word essay on one of the chosen topics below:
1) Please describe an instance, event, or permanent condition of adversity in which
you have overcome (or are still overcoming). What did you learn?
2) Name and describe the one person (famous or not famous) who has significantly
influenced who you are today. What did you learn from him/her?
3) If you could change the world, what would you change?
4) What is your dream, vision or hope for your life, career?
• Recommendation (1 only): the recommender must fill out the attached recommendation form and attach a letter and seal/sign over the envelope flap. Applicant’s name must appear on the front of the envelope.
• Official sealed high school transcript.
• Please include a copy of your FAFSA SAR Report. (Please refer to sample report on our website.)
Applicants will be mailed letters at the end of June.
Return completed application by U.S. Mail or drop off form in person, addressed to:
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
216 W. Garvey Ave. Unit E
Monterey Park, CA 91754